The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of HOSA-Future Health Professionals is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness, and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
• To promote physical, mental, and social well-being.
• To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
• To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
• To develop character.
• To develop responsible citizenship traits.
• To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
• To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
• To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
• To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
• To encourage individual and group achievement.
• To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation, and the world.
• To encourage involvement in local, state, and national health care and education projects.
• To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
• To promote career opportunities in health care.
What is HOSA?